Saturday, May 10, 2008

You will be my Withnesses?

I am reading another book currently (I probably shouldn't have started this one with all the others I have to finish right now). The book is 11 by Leonard Sweet. I only read the Introduction today, but it grabbed me. He introduces the meaning of the book 11. He says that the book is an exploration of the 11 Withnesses every person needs on life's journey.

Withnesses is his shorthand for "indispensable relationships." Hebrews 12:1 says that we are "...surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses..." and yes, sometimes we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. But other times we're surrounded by a great cloud of witlesses. But most of all we need to be surrounded by a great cloud of Withnesses. "The Lord God said, 'It is not good for man to be alone.'"

I am excited about getting into this book, I think it will be a great read!

No comments: