Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Encounter Journey (Day 23)

Today's Scripture is Galatians 5:1. This verse is interesting to me. It is like one of those paradoxes you see sometimes in Scripture. We are free, but we are servants of Christ.

I think one of the ways I see this verse worked out is like the Financial Peace University Class we are going through at church. One of the first "baby steps" that he has you go through is to have a $1000.00 emergency fund.

We did that...well, almost, we were very close to having the full $1000.00 and then on one day I blew a tire, broke my rim and strut all in one shot. The bill came to over $400.00. What would have been not only a car problem, would have also been a financial problem. Now it is only a car problem.

When you have an emergency fund, you don't really have emergencies. That is a very "freeing" concept.

Our salvation in Christ Jesus is similar in that, we no longer have to operate like the rest of the world, in it's slavery to sin. We have literally been freed up by Christ to operate in a whole new way! How sweet it is!

We no longer deal with problems like the world does. We can have a peace about us in the midst of intense heartache and trouble. That is because of our new found freedom through Christ and His sacrifice for us. That is an awesome thing. It really is freedom.

"Lord Jesus, thank you for saving me. Thank you for the freedom I have in You. Thank you that I no longer have to be overcome by the sorrows of this world. You are my Rock, my Fortress. I love you, Lord. In Your Name."

No comments: