Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Made me think...

This past Wednesday night at church, I was in my office while the kids program and the youth program had their last meeting before summer. I went down to scope out some of the snacks that the youth group had. One of the youth, typically known for saying whatever pops into his mind, said something to me that made me think.

He said, "I wouldn't want your job. You always look like you're mad or stressed." Wow. That made me wonder. Does my countenance reflect that? Am I always looking stressed or mad?

If that is the case, then what a drag!? I don't want to look mad or stressed all the time. I mean, I should get a day every once in a while to have that look (maybe Tuesdays). But I shouldn't have it all the time.

I have been somewhat concerned about the church lately, but I still don't want to look like I'm Mr. Wilson. That really bums me out. I hope that's not what most people think.

Whatever I look like, I sincerely don't want to look mad. I really do struggle with my anger at times and I don't want it to win in my life and capture my countenance as well.

I wonder if that's what other preachers are known for...looking mad or stressed? What do you think?

No comments: