Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Encounter Journey (Day 24)

Today's Scriptures are Romans 6:11-18 and John 8:31-36. I find it very compelling that Paul says that we need to not offer up the "parts" of our bodies to sin. I started thinking about what in the world that could mean.

How can I offer up a part of my body to sin? I guess I can sin with my eyes when I look at something I shouldn't look at. I think I can sin with my hands when I use them as a tool to get something I don't need or to offend someone who I am mad at. I believe I can sin with my ears when I listen to things that I should not. I sin with my feet when I willingly walk into trouble, knowing that it will lead me to ruin.

I even sin with my heart, when I long to do something that is wrong because it will make me feel better. I sin with my mouth when the words that come out of it are used to tear down and destroy.

I do offer up the various parts of my body to sin. I need to stop. As I thought through the list, there are not many untainted parts of my body that sin has not left it's dark imprint upon.

But thank the Lord, I am no longer held captive by those ways. I can choose differently now because of Christ and His power within me, I can choose to live for Him and not me.

"Father, wash me clean from sin's dark stain. I still see it's affect in my life. I once took a bloodbath and that cleaned me up...but like my dog, Bessie, I went quickly back to wallowing in the dirt. Help me to stay clean, Lord. Cleanse me. Purify me. Transform me...from the inside out. Thank you Jesus. In Your Name."

No comments: