Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday Evening Reflections

I was very pleased with services today. Craig Groeschel spoke this morning as part of our One Prayer series. His message was entitled, "Lord, Make Us One." You can watch the video of Craig's message Here.

It is pretty amazing to think that we are partnering with over 1,400 churches all around the world that represent over 800,000 people. Wow!

On another note...today, for the very first time in my life, I called my father on Father's Day and wished him, "Happy Father's Day." That is a humbling thought to me. Only God could have done something like it.

We spoke only for a little while but talked again about getting together sometime in the future to see each other face to face. Just think, only a year ago, I still despised my earthly father...I could have cared less if he was dead or alive. And now, because of God's amazing power and love, I not only am happy that I wished him a happy father's day, I actually do care about him. And I am excited to see where our relationship will go in the future.

God is alive. God is good. All the time.

2 comments:

Phillips said...

It's really cool that you got to experience Father's Day as a son. That's the only way I've ever experienced Father's Day (since I'm not a dad), but to hear your story made me remember to not take this special day for granted.

Anonymous said...

That's excellent, Mike! It's neat that you're talking to your dad. God is awesome!