Monday, June 9, 2008

My Bible Journey (Proverbs 2)

Today I read Proverbs 2. You see again in this chapter paired thoughts and contrasting ideas.

Here are some of the pairings I notice:

wisdom and knowledge
call out and cry aloud
looking for and searching for
understand and find
The Lord guards and protects
wicked men with perverse words
crooked paths dark ways

Those aren't all of them, but a few that stand out.

The message I see is that wisdom and knowledge are something that God will give to me, but there is work involved on my part. I have to desperately seek after it. I have to diligently pursue it.

My main enemies are wicked men with perverse words and the adultress (lust)...according to this chapter. So guarding against the pull in my life has got to be priority #1.

I can honestly say that wisdom and knowledge are something I desire but haven't always diligently pursued. I have half-heartedly pursued them most of my life. I have hung out with wicked men and the adultress in times past. I have also had a lot of heartache as a result.

If I would get serious about my pursuit of wisdom and knowledge, not wanting anything else...I think it would change my life forever. Up till now I have only wanted enough knowledge or wisdom to get me past a current obstacle in my life. But if I really desire for things to be different in my life that has to change.

I need to get serious about my pursuit of wisdom and knowledge. I need to be like Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark...when he was pursuing the Ark, trying to get it back from the Nazi's. He did whatever he could...he was willing to risk it all...even his life, to get it. That needs to be the way wisdom and knowledge get pursued.

"Lord, help me in my pursuit of wisdom and knowledge. Help me earnestly seek after them. Help me to not be so easily distracted from it. Thank you Father. In Jesus' Name."

No comments: