Saturday, June 7, 2008

Open the floodgates...not what I thought...

Tomorrow morning begins One Prayer for us and the weekend started with some obstacles. Water. Lots of water. Water where we worship. We had a deluge of a storm and one of our sump pumps quit working so our worship area got water-logged.

On Friday evening we had about a dozen folks helping out at the church with shop vacs sucking out all the water. We turned on the A/C and a bunch of fans to dry everything out.

We will meet back at the church on Saturday evening to set back up for worship. I've been over at the church today. It smells pretty funky. But that won't stop us from worshiping the Lord! You can still worship the Lord with funky smells, you know.

Should be an interesting Sunday morning. If you read the blog, pray for us as we enter this series...I'm thinking God is up to something. I can sense it.

By the way, to everyone who e-mailed me about getting out of a funk...thank you. Some of your suggestions were, shall we say, creative. But I think I figured it out. Serving.

Serving someone else does something to you. It shakes you awake. It's pretty cool, honestly.

I felt really good sucking up water the other night with my brothers and sisters...thanks to everyone who helped!

No comments: