Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another Great Night at the ballpark!

Well, I am coaching my sons ball team. We went into tonight's game 5-0! But we lost. But it was a good loss. The score was 23 to 20. But here's the really cool part. The other team we played had a kid that was handicapped. Each and every time he got up to bat, our team made sure he made it to the base. (They intentionally overthrew the ball and played a lot slower to do it). This young person not only made it to first base but made it home each time he got up tonight.

Both sides applauded as he came home! It was really something to watch. If we had not done that, we would have won hands down. But sometimes there are things that are way more important than winning. And tonight this team of 11 and 12 year olds showed everyone what that was!

It was a real sight to behold. I have never been prouder to coach a team that lost a game than I did with my team tonight! What lessons we could all learn from them if we would approach life like that! Serving someone else before me...making sure someone else gets the glory instead of me. Those are awesome life lessons!

I am proud of my team. I am proud of my son (who is a part of that team). What a night! The kids really did honor the Lord tonight in the way they played.

No comments: