Friday, April 18, 2008

My Week

Been a different week for me. Had a massive leak in our roof. Had some great help from a wonderful Christian brother and the major roof issue no longer exists. Thanks Bruce!

Getting ready for the new series Encounter this weekend. It will be a 30 day journey...with the sincere hope of moving people to a fresh encounter with their heavenly Father.

I have continued to be in contact with my natural father. That has been quite strange, to say the least. He had thrown out an idea of us getting together. Having to mull that one over for a while. I have sincerely enjoyed the conversations though. I genuinely believe he desires some kind of connection...not sure what yet, but we'll take it one day at a time.

He refers to me as "Buddy" when he talks to me. That makes me feel good and akward all at the same time. I still have difficulty when we are ending our conversations as to how I am supposed to refer to him. So I usually just say something like, "Well, it's been nice talking to you, see you later." But it feels strange.

None of this is perfect, I guess. But I know God wanted me to do this...to reconnect with my earthly father.

No comments: