Monday, April 21, 2008

My Encounter Journey (Day 1)

Today's Scriptures are Psalm 119:11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; and Joshua 1:8. It is clear from these verses that there is great inherent value in keeping the Scriptures in my heart and meditating on them daily. If I do this consistently I will be able to navigate life effectively.

I think that God is really working in my life. I need to be able to listen to Him. I need to keep myself from being distracted by the stuff of this world. I know that Joshua 1:8 speaks of prospering and being successful if I "do not let the book of the law depart from my mouth," but I am not interested in success, honestly. I just want to know God better than I do right now. Maybe that is success.

Success isn't accolades and bigger churches or more notoriety...it is being closer to my heavenly Father than I have ever been before in my life. I'll take that over a mega-church any day! I want that kind of success.

"Help me to learn to trust, read and breathe your Words, Father. Help them to be the only well that I drink from. Help me to draw from them in my time of trouble or temptation. Give me strength this day to glorify you in all ways. In Jesus' Name."

No comments: