Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Encounter Journey (Day 6)

Today's Scriptures are Luke 5:1-11. I see myself resistant to things that God is wanting to reveal to me continuously. I am getting better though. The way God usually works with me, is that He will, at first, tap me on the shoulder. If I continue to ignore, or go about my own business, then He will hit me upside the head with a 2x4.

so to avoid pain and grief, I am learning to respond to Him quicker. I think Peter never dreamed as he had finished his work that morning that he would be leaving it forever to do something completely different. But when Jesus asked to use his boat, that's where this journey began for Peter.

And in the midst of being close to Jesus, Peter embraced a "because you say so" faith. And that was just enough faith for Jesus to do something amazing. And when Peter saw who it was that was really in the boat with him (the Lord), he realized at the same moment who he really is (a sinner).

That is the weirdest thing about our walk with God, to me. The closer I get to Him, the farther away I realize He is. The closer I get, I realize how far I have to go. You may think you're doing good, but you start drawing close to God and you will realize that you have an awful amount of growth ahead of you. The holier that you see God, the less holy you see yourself. The more you learn about God, the more stupid you become.

That's weird to me. But that's how that works. So I guess I want to have the realization that I am nothing more than a stupid sinner...and then I'll be doing pretty good.

"Lord, Jesus, help me to never think more of myself than that which I truly am...a sinner in need of your grace. Thank you for saving me. In Your Name."

No comments: