Monday, April 28, 2008

Financial Peace University

Tonight we had our first session of Financial Peace University. It was a home run. When we left I was just all giddy inside...kind of like a little girl when she gets a new Barbie (Wow...I have no idea where that came from!). Not everyone gets as excited about good teaching as I do. When I hear a great sermon or sit in on a wonderful Bible lesson/study, I feel like I have just had a great meal.

We have some very good friends who took our family out to Hickory Park BBQ in Ames, IA back in December (they were simply being obedient to Scripture..."Feed your pastor good meals" it's in there somewhere, I know it is). I had never been there before. Man, oh man, was it ever good. We have been back and it has become my new favorite restaurant. It is awesome food. When I left there, I was giddy (kind of like a hairy, bull-rustling cowboy...there, much better). It was just a great experience.

That's how I feel when I experience good teaching. Just like I have had an awesome meal. I'm full and I'm very happy. (I wish everybody was like that.)

No comments: