Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Encounter Journey (Day 7)

As with any time that I have focused on getting into the Word, I have experienced both good and bad this week. The good comes from sensing God's Presence with much more clarity in my life. The bad comes from Satan stepping up his attacks in my life because I have been in the Word.

I really do desire to crave God's Word. I am being honest in saying that I don't currently. I want to. But for me, many more times than not, it is a textbook or a workbook. I want it to be my oxygen. My life flow.

This coming week's focus is on prayer. I have practiced my sermon several times and feel good about it. I don't have the strongest prayer life either. I desire that as well (a better prayer life).

One of the things I do with my sons is snake hunt. Part of that experience is something we call "flipping". Flipping is when you turn over rocks and logs to see what is lying under them. I feel like that is what this encounter experience is for me. Flipping.

Except God is doing the flipping in my life. He is turning over the things that need to be turned over because there are dangerous areas hidden from sight. And I want Him to do that. I want to be flipped over.

"Heavenly Father, as this new week dawns, help me to stay in your Word. Help me to crave it, to desire it. Help me to continue feasting on it. Help me to be a better man of prayer. Thank you for all the flipping going on in my life right now. In Jesus' Name."

No comments: