Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Encounter Journey (Day 20)

Today's Scriptures are Philippians 2:1-11. My attitude stinks most of the time. I'm grumpy. I'm irritable. I'm grouchy. The very traits I despise in other people I wear most of the time.

I guess that makes me a hypocrite. I can put on a good attitude when I am wanting something. BUt my most often go-to attitude is grumpiness. Why is that?

It's because I don't do what this Scripture says. I don't consider others better than myself. I don't have a Jesus-attitude.

That really does need to turn around for me. I need a new attitude. I need to embrace more of Christ in me so there is no room for that in my life anymore.

"Heavenly Father, help me to not be an "image manager" but help me to only have one image...the image of your Son, that others can clearly and always see in me. Help me to not be grumpy. Help to live a healthy lifestyle so that my attitude is positively affected by that. Help me to treat others above myself. In Jesus' Name."

No comments: