Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Encounter Journey (Day 19)

Today's Scriptures are John 19:25-27.

It is a wonderful thing to have people in your life that are closer than family. People that you can tell anything to or ask anything of. John was that for Jesus. He would do anything that Jesus asked of him, and he did. He would even die for him, and he did.

I think I have some friends like that. Someone that I believe I could tell anything to. Someone that would help me in whatever situation I found myself.

We need that. We need people in our lives that stick closer than a brother.

"Lord, thank you so much for friendship. Thank you for buddies. Thank you for allowing life to be experienced with others. It is a wonderful thing to have true friends...people that you know will always stand by you. Help me to be that same kind of friend. Help me to honor the friendships I have. In Jesus' Name."

No comments: