Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Cool Opportunity

I had a very nifty opportunity to meet Bill Hybels, founding pastor of Willow Creek Community Church. It was a lunch where about a dozen local pastors were able to have a sit down, face-to-face chat with him about leadership and the upcoming Leadership Summit.

For me, it was a real joy to meet a man who truly inspired me before I went to Bible College. I will never forget hearing him preach so passionately about how the local church is the hope of the world. It put a fire in my bones. I never thought I'd meet him face to face. But cool, I got the opportunity.

And I was able to tell him thanks. And that was neat for me. Here's a shot of me and Bill (we're really good friends now!)...

I wanted to hug him, but when I tried his personal body guards tasered me (but I'm alright now). I think he really will come over for that barbecue I invited him to at our house.

Anyway, it was fun getting to meet one of my heroes.

2 comments:

Shane Vander Hart said...

You know, I didn't really think about how old he is getting until I saw this picture. You look like a young whippersnapper compared to him.

Cool that you got the chance to meet him.

Phillips said...

That is very cool!