Monday, May 26, 2008

How I spent my Memorial Day!


This is actually my neighbor's yard. Here's mine...

I know it's a little hard to see, but trust me, it's under there.




Around 10PM on Sunday evening is when this old oak fell into our yard/house. Luckily our tree on the side of our home caught the brunt of it and helped to protect our home. We could have ended up like our neighbor's down the street. Look at this shot...


Something that struck me with this whole episode is that my neighbor's tree looked really good on the outside but was hollow and decayed on the inside...just like some people I know. If your innards ain't good, then you ain't no good at all! Without Christ on the inside, the first strong storm that hits your life means your destined to fall...just like my neighbor's tree!

Well...I'm a little more sore and tired than normal. But this is what it looks like in my yard now...

No comments: