Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Lesson From the Past

Smith Wigglesworth is probably the world record holder for goofy names...just short of Fartacia Clementine. But he was a real person nonetheless. He didn't learn to read until he was an adult. He had a horrible stammer and didn't speak publicly much either.

But against all odds, he turned out to be one of England's greatest preachers and during his later years, he led countless thousands to Jesus.

Smith Wigglesworth liked to say, "Great faith is the product of great fights. Great testimonies are the outcome of great tests. Great triumphs can only come out of great trials."

So what the heck am I doing? I need to get off my fat rear-end and get engaged in the battle! He may have had a goofy name, but he had one heck of a giant faith.

I want to be like Wigglesworth! I want to be a scrapper for Jesus! I want to go for whatever it is with gusto! No holding me back...just fighting as hard as I can until I see a result.

I think that's how I am going to approach ministry from now on.

1 comment:

Nate Liston said...

I want to be Wiggglesworth too!