Sunday, October 26, 2008

Teamwork...

Tonight we had a crew meet at the church to tear out 320 yards of carpet where we are getting new carpet installed in 3 different rooms. I figured with having to move all the furniture first and then rip up and remove all that carpet that we would be there for a long time. In fact, I set aside two separate nights to get the job done.

But we had so many people show up (23 in all) that we got all of it done (except for sweeping and a little bit of scraping) in 45 minutes! That is awesome! That is what teamwork is all about.

It also showed me that there are a lot of folks in the church that are willing to help out and get involved...they just need the right opportunity.

For everyone that helped out tonight...THANKS A TON!!!! It is so cool to see such service in action. I love it, man!

Also, thanks to my elders for the gift you gave me this morning for pastor appreciation day! I really appreciate it, guys! Thanks so much.

No comments: