Friday, October 3, 2008

Now who is getting 'bailed out'?

My youth pastor came into my office today and said he had a proposal for me. He told me he would like to sell me his Buick (even though I don't want to buy a car right now) for $7,000. But there are several items needed for repair, probably totaling $1,000...so he thought maybe he should up the price to $8,000. And he suggested it would be a sweet deal for me because I would get it for free as long as my secretary would pay for it (she didn't seem to see it the same way I did).

That makes about the same amount of sense as this astronomical"bailout" being given to the banking industry. How irresponsible! It is nothing short of robbery.

Those who think that going in debt is a good way to solve credit problems need to read Scripture anew. Particularly Proverbs 22:7.

2 comments:

Shane Vander Hart said...

LOL - great illustration

Phillips said...

That's funny! And you're right. The "bailout" is the most ridiculous "solution" I could imagine.