Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ministry

Okay, I'm at home now. It's been a long day. A lot of stress and emotions. I wrapped up today with a meeting with my elders. They are a good group of men. They help me do what I do. They are a great encouragement to me. It is good to know that I have people on my leadership team that are in my corner...men that I know are FOR me.

If you are reading this, and you attend another church, make sure you encourage your pastor. Sometimes pastoral work can be very, very difficult. No, it isn't physically demanding, but I would take that any day over some of the emotional and spiritual stress that I come across at times.

I don't believe I could do this work with out support and encouragement. We all need that, you know? We need to have someone come alongside of us from time to time and simply say, "I'm with you, bro." Without that, ministry isn't possible.

So make sure you encourage those in ministry. I don't even think it is necessary that they be a paid pastor. Just anyone who is serving the Lord in any capacity...especially someone not being paid, frankly, they serve Jesus on a completely volunteer basis. Tell them you appreciate what they do. Send them a card. Write an e-mail. Whatever...you never know how your words can lift that person in just the right moment.

Maybe that person is just dying to hear something like that from someone. Take time to do it. It could mean more than you know.

No comments: