Saturday, March 8, 2008

True Knowledge

It's pretty late, but I'm up here at the church in my office. I have preached through the sermon twice and feel good about it. I am so desiring from my heart of hearts that as I begin this series tomorrow and see it conclude on Easter Sunday that there will be real life change. That people will come and hear that there is a real reason to believe this stuff that so many of us have already put our trust in...and we're not all crazy! Many of us understand that there are many evidences that point to the reliability of the Word of God.

And if God's Word is true then that means it is time for me to wake up! Life isn't about endurance. It isn't about acquisition. Life is about knowledge. It is about the knowledge of God. And until we really understand that God doesn't want us to be happy but that He really wants us to know Him...then we are headed on a path for destruction.

To know Him and the power of His resurrection, that is my goal. That is my prayer as a pastor for everyone I preach to. That I can help, in whatever minute way, for them to know the Father.

No comments: