Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Reflections

Okay...I've had a few days to process and think over Easter weekend. Here are a few of my thoughts (plus I asked a few others there thoughts as well):

1. I believe that we did a great job of capturing visitor information this year. It enabled us to do a better job with follow-up.

2. We had a great crowd, but it may be over-capacity. I think next year we need to go to TWO services for Easter Sunday.

3. I think an apologetic approach at Easter is the route to go in preaching.

4. I think that we need to do an Egg-Hunt again and have that be better marketed next year.

5. I think the breakfast was fine but the time can/should be changed.

6. I think with TWO services next year we should really map out how we want that to occur. Maybe we could have an 8:00 first service, 9:00 Breakfast, 10:00 second service? I don't know...we'll have to find the right slot.

7. We need to ensure that our greeters are there helping greet/usher even after service begins.

8. We most definitely need childcare and Jr. Church during worship.

9. Worship was fantastic...maybe more instruments next year.

10. Maybe we need to do something with our parking next year as well. Like having people help out in the parking lot and having leadership and elders park in grass to make more room.

The ultimate deal for me is seeing someone come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ. Ross Hraha did that very thing on Easter Sunday. He was baptized by his Grandpa Bob. It was very cool to see this young man make this step of faith. That's what it is all about! There is nothing more important than that...

No comments: