Monday, November 3, 2008

A Different Kind of Sermon

Yesterday I preached a message directly to my sons. It was a different kind of sermon for me. It was definitely emotional but straight from my heart. I really wanted my boys to understand there are some things that are just too important for them to miss. Here's the overview of what I shared:

1. I am learning as I go (at parenting).

2. Never settle when it comes to relationships.

A. You need to be priest (spiritual leader of your home).
B. You need to be protector (never compromise a woman in any situation).
C. You need to be provider (be a godly man and support your wife).

3. I love this church, but I love you more.

4. I will always love your mother.

5. God has a plan for your life.

6. Heaven is real, be there.

You can listen to the sermon HERE. Sometimes we have got to take whatever platform we can take and let our kids know the most important things in life. This past Sunday was one of those days.

No comments: