Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We all need a tow...

I saw something interesting this morning while I was driving to my office. I saw a flat-bed tow truck with a car on it's bed. But there was another tow truck backing up to the first tow truck which had obviously broken down.

It made me think about how many times I've tried to help someone else and I "broke down" in the process. In fact, even though I may be equipped to help others...sometimes I can't do it.

There is only one that will never fail us...Jesus. His support never wanes. His help is always sure. He is our True Friend.

Maybe, you might be feeling a bit like the tow truck needing a tow. You've been trying to help a family member or friend and it has weighed so heavy on you that you don't feel like you can offer much more. Well, it may be time to step back for a while.

You can't do it all on your own. There are some things that only God can do for people. So don't try to take his place.

It is quite alright to "get a tow" every once in a while and just enjoy the refreshing of God's Spirit and not have someone on your back. We all need to be ministered to at times. Maybe your season of being ministered to has come.

No comments: