Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Evening Reflections

Well, today we began a new sermon series called "Stuck." I really feel like I brought it today. I think this is a series that will really hit people where they are at. Hopefully it will also stir something in the church as a whole as well. We sure need it.

I have been praying for God to disturb us. I know He will. And once we start to get a glimpse of His vision for our church, it will be uncontainable and uncontrollable!

After church today we had a picnic in the park...on the hottest day in all of history (maybe Al Gore was right after all). There was a smaller crowd for that, but that was okay in my book. Nice food, nice visiting, just a nice (and hot) time.

Tomorrow we are all excited about something that will be happening to our youngest son, Jacob. He was chosen to throw out the first pitch at Principal Park for the Iowa Cubs. I plan on taking a video camera and uploading video of Jake's shining moment here...so make sure you watch for that! It should be really cool. We're all very proud of him.

I believe with all my heart that this will not be the only time I see my son doing something great before a large crowd. I believe that God will do more amazing things than He has in me with my sons...and I know it to be true for Jacob. I think we will see great things from him in the future!

No comments: