Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Smiling Joe's Wife Troubles

I have never been a fan of Joel Olsteen. To be blunt, I think he is a con artist and a fake who has abused God's Word for personal gain. A news story came out today about his wife that was crazy. Apparently she is some kind of primadonna who throws tantrums when things don't go her way. You can read the story HERE.

One thing I know to be true is that when people choose to live the way they do (taking advantage of people by preaching a health and wealth gospel) that they will eventually topple. We've seen it over and over again.

2 comments:

Caron said...

Justin Peters gets into Joel Osteen's "theology" in a seminar he presents entitled, A Call for Discernment." You can see an overview of it here: http://www.justinpeters.org - be sure to watch "demo."

He presented this seminar at my church on the WoF and comes highly recommended by my pastor, Dr. John MacArthur...

Shane Vander Hart said...

Ok, raise your Bible up in the air... "this is my Bible, which I never open. I distort its truth for financial gain." All right you can put those away as we won't be needing them.

I agree when I read that story earlier today I was shaking my head. Ugh.