Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend at the 40

Well, this past weekend was a fun experience for me. I went down to southern Iowa (Lucas County) and had a camping excursion with my two sons and another guy from our church. We caught snakes, rode four wheelers and just had a fun time. Check out some of these photos...


Getting in the mud and just having a good time. Sometimes we all need to do that! I know I did. Check out these photos that I took that are a little more "pretty":



This was the original photo I took of these pretty daisies. But look at the same photo with a little touch-up in Photoshop:

Here's another set of pictures, with the original first:

Now for the touched-up version:


I really like taking photos of nature. I think if I weren't a pastor, that is probably what I would do for a living. When you take a good image and then add some easy filter effects with Photoshop, you can come up with some stunning photographs.

2 comments:

deathsweep said...

Looks like you all had a good time but that one snake (gray) looks kind of scary to me!

Mike Demastus said...

Oh...he's harmless (but fiesty). He's a northern water snake. Known for having mean temperaments. The other one is just an Easter Garter Snake.