Tuesday, June 26, 2007

For the families...

I went out on a tough ministry situation tonight. It involved alcohol, domestic violence and a lot of darkness. I took my youth minister along with me. Sometimes it is really hard to see how broken some families can become.

Lord, help the families of the church I serve in. Help them through their struggles. Become the center piece of their lives. Help them to know and see your love for them. Bind Satan from his incessant work in their lives as well. Keep him at bay.

Protect my own family, Lord. Keep my marriage strong and healthy. I am not a perfect husband, Lord, but I haven't fallen into the kind of darkness I saw tonight. Keep me from that. Help my sons to always see Jesus in me. Help them to know that who I am at church is exactly who I am at home. Help me to not be a hypocrite.

For the family we helped tonight. Help them to have peace in their home. Rest through the night. And help them to fight for their marriage. Help them to see that you have a dream for their marriage as well. Help them live for you, Lord.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

deathsweep said...

Oh man, all I can do is say AMEN!