Wednesday, February 25, 2009

God's funny math

I'm not a liturgical guy. I'm just not into liturgy, in fact, I think in many cases it is heartless and moves people farther away from God rather than closer to Him. But I was reading a blog the other day where the author shared about what he was sacrificing for the Lenten season.

He said he was going to sacrifice something and then add something. I found that interesting. God's math is funny. Subtraction plus Addition equals Multiplication. - + + = x

So I decided I am going to sacrifice pop, tea and any other kind of drink except water and I am going to add another chapter in my Bible reading each day. And God will multiply blessings in my life.

Again, I'm not a liturgical guy. But I like God's funny math. So what subtraction and addition do you need to make in your life right now?

No comments: