Friday, January 23, 2009

Amped Up

This weekend I am laying it out as I close out this series called Playlist. I can't do this thing alone. We have got to get people to quit playing church. It is time that we get more people involved. We are never going to "tear walls down" if we just have people sit on their butts on Sundays enjoying (or criticizing) worship services.

There is too much at stake! We have got to take it to the next level as a church. It is no longer acceptable that we remain a church of under 200 on Sunday morning. Those days are on their way out.

When I think about all the people on the South Side of Des Moines who are without Christ I can't sleep at night. People are dying every day and going to hell and we have the answer in our laps. We have got to get busy.

No more lazy leeches at church! It is time for those who take and take and take and never serve or give to find a new place to drain life out of. Because we need that seat!

I am totally pumped about our next series "Acts". We are going to spend 6 weeks studying how the early church did it. That is where we need to get out plays from.

No comments: