Monday, September 15, 2008

To Be There or Not To Be There...

Hebrews 10:25 says that we shouldn't make a habit out of missing church. I have so many folks that I know that will miss church faster than Ron Paul will bash America. I am blown away at how so many people have non-Christian friends that they hope to influence for the Lord, but those non-Christian friends seem to exert a stronger influence than they do.

Out of fear of being labeled "fanatical" a lot of these Christians will wimp out when an invitation is extended on a Sunday to an event and not desiring to rock the boat these Christians choose to miss church rather than tell their friends they'll have to wait to go until after church.

Better yet, get some spiritual kahunas and invite your non-Christian friends to church with you. Tell them you'll take them out to lunch afterward.

I think it is wonderful to have non-Christian friends (I do), but when your non-Christian friends influence you to miss church...something's wrong.

Just being frank on this, it really does blow me away how easily people choose to miss church on any given Sunday. I am sick and tired of wimpy Christians not living out their faith in a real way!

1 comment:

Shane Vander Hart said...

Hey, tell us how you really feel. :)