Sunday, April 5, 2009

There are eyes watching my eyes...

Last night my oldest son and I were talking and he shared with me that he had seen me earlier that day when we are at a party for someone we know. We both were sitting at a table and right next to us a young mother came and bent over to deal with her child. As she did this you could see right down her blouse.

I quickly turned my head away because I didn't want to see that and didn't think anything else of it. That is, until my son brought it up to me later that night. He told me that he saw me look away and he knew what I was turning my head away from. He told me that is why he turned his head away as well.

It makes me glad that I scored one right (finally). But I have to be constantly aware of the fact that if I become the guy that is always turning my head to notice a pretty female that my sons will become that same guy. If I am the guy that is always looking for those brief shots down a woman's blouse then my son's will also see my wandering eye.

My discussion with my son brought to mind the Scripture Job 31:1 and I need to remember the same thing it says and keep the same covenant myself with my own eyes. Where I look, my sons see it. What I look at, my sons look at too.

So this time I won! And if you are a dad and you have a son, you need to remember this. Train your eyes now! Because if you aren't training your own eyes you are training his regardless.

No comments: