Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Encounter Journey (Day 2)

Today's Scriptures are Hebrews 4:12-13; Psalm 119:36; Psalm 119:97; Psalm 119:103-105; Psalm 119:111.

The Word of God needs to become something that I long for. I need to desire it like I want a Big Mac (and that sounds great right now). I need to value looking at my own heart through the lens of God's Word.

I believe that God is really trying to get me to get away from trying to help everyone else with the things I discover in the Word and to see the simple benefit of how it helps me. No sermon outlines, no great story for a message, nothing but me being in the Word and getting full on it.

I don't do that, to be honest. It is so hard to take off the Pastor glasses and set them aside and let God's Word do it's work in me. I want a freshness again from the Word. I want to begin to read God's Word with utter selfishness. I want to read it only for me...and to not think about how this would be great for so and so to hear. I want it for me.

"God, grant me the joy of having your Word do it's work in my heart. Let me be freed of seeing Scripture through others' eyes...let me see it for myself. Thank you Jesus for how you have spoken to us! In your name."

No comments: