Friday, April 4, 2008

MinistryTECH Final Day

Well...today was the final day of MinistryTECH. The day began with Terry Storch who spoke to us about being an Idiot (actually it was awesome and it really hit home...I'm an idiot too Terry!)

That was followed up by Kyle and I splitting up. He went to a breakout session on Audio Visuals and I went to a session with Terry Storch where we just asked him a barrage of questions. Good stuff.

A quick lunch and then Kyle and I were off to see a movie. We got back before the final session. The final session was Paul Braoudakis who spoke about us being change agents. It may not have been the best in delivery terms but it was a quality message nonetheless.

The whole deal was capped off by a trip to Life Church - Oklahoma City Campus. I will blog more on this tomorrow, but all I can say for now is: WOW! What a place?! What vision?! What an amazing group of people!

Now, I've also been talking about some of the amazing restaurants that we have enjoyed since we've been here. Well, here's our run down so far.

Day 1: Supper at Ted's Cafe Escondido. What a great meal! Kyle wasn't blown away by his meal but I was by mine (I had fajitas). Here's a pic of the place...


Day 2: Supper at Steve's Rib...and yes, I spelled it right. It's Rib (singular)...don't ask me why. But this was spectacular! We both loved our meal. Neither one of us finished our plates...


Day 3: During the day, we stopped by a fast food joint I had never heard of until coming here: Whataburger. I would rate it only average...it wasn't the best burger I have ever had, but it did hit the spot. Here's a shot of the place we stopped at...

A little later that day, after the Life Church tour, we went to Hideaway Pizza. This is definitely an Oklahoma-only Pizza restaurant. Let me tell you. It was fabulous! Kyle and I were very excited about this meal. Check out these pictures...




On a side-note, our waiter was named "Seth"...an obviously lost individual. We showed him some kindness and talked with him about attending Life Church sometime in the future. He said he would do that. Pray for Seth, pray that he follows through and attends church there soon. One visit would change his life forever.

Tomorrow Kyle and I are hanging out in Oklahoma for another full day. We are going to Geocache in a few of the parks around Edmond. And then we are going to visit the Federal Building (the site of the Bombing) and then we will attend Life Church and top it all off with a visit to another Oklahoma-only restaurant Zio's (Italian Cuisine).

I'll post more tomorrow night!

No comments: