Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wake Up and Dream!

I want to dream again. I mean it. I'm tired of the way things are. I really want to be utterly dissatisfied with my church. Doesn't that sound wierd?

But I want God to put in me a holy discontent. I want a new direction. I want a new dream. (I know I kinda sound like Obama but I mean it.)

I was reading Acts 2:17 and it really makes me just want a new dream. I have been working out a lot and part of my workout routine lately, I have been running 10 laps on this indoor suspended track where we go (actually, I walk a lap and then run a lap and I do that ten times), and while I have been running I have been praying. The other day I was huffing and praying and not really paying a lot of attention to how loud I was speaking and when I noticed, there was someone below me in the gym just watching me run around talking to the ceiling (that's alright, they'll be sure to give me plenty of space when I come to workout).

While I have been praying during my workouts, I have been asking God to give me a new dream...to just fill my heart up with a restless desire for taking our church to the place he wants to take us.

I really want our church to wake up. To arise from our slumber. We have been sleepwalking. Sleepwalkers can function and even be involved in a surprising amount of activity but they are unaware of all that is really going on. That's us. Busy but asleep.

The alarms needs to ring. I want new passion, new fire, new zeal for the work that the Lord has called me to. I want our church to reach new levels we have never achieved. I'm not talking about adding more brick and mortar.

I'm talking about being serious about winning people from the clutches of hell. Being completely for real about sharing our faith courageously. We need to catch on fire...man, we need to be pumped up again!

No comments: