Monday, February 26, 2007

First Time For Me

Well...we cancelled services Sunday morning here at The Fort. That was the first time that has happened since I have been here. I've been here at The Fort for over 8 years now.

It was quite an ordeal. I got up very early plowed my drive and then took off in my car. I got stuck at the corner from my house. And then my neighbor was pulling out of their driveway and they hit me.

I ended up making it to the church building but only with the help of some good friends who plow snow for a living. Once I made it their, we decided that it was just too treacherous to travel at all. So we called it. That really got to me.

Not just that we called it...I understand all of those things. But I feel such a stong desire to be there at the building in case someone needs help. But I ended up spending the day with my family at home yesterday. It was a good day too.

We read Scripture, prayed, sang a song and took communion together. It was really quite awesome, honestly.

I had never done something like that before. It was refreshing and simple and honest.

Maybe that was what I needed instead of having my ego stroked by preaching another message and wanting praise for doing a good job! Maybe I needed to only preach the message of Christ's return through communion (1 Corinthians 11:26)...there probably is no better sermon to preach!

No comments: