Friday, August 10, 2007

Friends

In life we are given very few, what I would consider, "close" friends. We all have friends...at least, for the most part. People that we enjoy the company of and people that we occasionally like to just hang out with.

But from time to time, we come across a certain kind of relationship in the friendship realm that really is special. I have been blessed sincerely to have a few myself.

I have four guys that I can easily say I think I would do just about anything for any one of these guys. Steve, Kyle, Dave and Corey.

I was just kind of thinking about my friendships today. And realizing that I really am a very blessed man.

I really do thank God for these kinds of friendships. I hope you have close friends like this too.

Now I have a couple woman friends...but there really isn't a comparison. My wife is my closest friend and Miss Margaret is another dear friend.

But I really appreciate God sending some other guys into my life to help me walk my walk and talk my talk.

I probably don't tell them enough how much I appreciate them, but I know I get far more out of the friendship than they get from me. So thanks guys! Thanks for your friendship!

4 comments:

deathsweep said...

I hope they get a chance to read this - because you're right, there are friends and then there are FRIENDS. The true friends need to hear every now and again just how much their appreciated, so if they won't see this perhaps you need to tell them personally.

DS

Danny Schaffner, Jr. said...

Mike - funny I looked at your blog today. Hope all is well with you in DsM.

I am here in FL doing the inner city thing. We start up soon. Can't believe we flipped locations.

Hope you and Shannon are doing well.

Danny S

Anonymous said...

Mike,

What a great blog entry! Thanks for the very kind words. I can't tell you how much our friendship means to me also. I know not many adult males have many close friends, so I know I am very fortunate to have you as a friend! Thanks again.

Dave

Phillips said...

Kinds words, bro, & much appreciated. And ditto to you. What you said is so very true and I'm so blessed to have you and the other guys as friends. It was a blast spending time with you and Dave's families on Saturday!