Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What now?

What now? Do we continue to watch the news stories about the tragedy on Virginia Tech's campus so we can have ABC and CBS and NBC help us properly deal with the tragedy?

Will we feel better when we learn all about Cho Seung-Hui and can identify with his horrible childhood?

I think we need to take a moment and pray for some hurting Moms and Dads. I think we need to pray for hurting families and friends of the young people that lost their lives.

I think that we need to take pause and remember that God has numbered our days...and not one of us is priviledged to know when our time is up on planet earth.

I think that we should brace ourselves for the people that will look at the situation and ask, "How could a loving God allow such a tragedy to occur?"

I think we should be equally as ready for those who are drawn closer to Christ as a result of this evil act.

I think we should be watching to see how God fulfills Romans 8:28 in this situation. He already is.

I think we should thank God for the life He has so graciously allowed us to live.

What now? Love God, love people. In other words, keep doing what you have been doing. Focusing on the two most important things in life - love God, love people.

No comments: