Friday, April 20, 2007

Thrill Ride!

So here we go! We leave this weekend for the big get-away and the discussion with my son about life. I feel like this is kind of like a roller coaster. Not in how I am feeling but in what I am doing.

If I was on a roller coaster with my son and I knew what turns were ahead and where the drop-offs were but didn't share it with him...I am not really prepping him for what lies ahead. I think if I can let him know about all the twists and turns that are awaiting him as he enters puberty and adolescence then he'll have an advantage that most don't have.

And just like a roller coaster, adolescence is quick and has a predictable beginning and a very predictable ending. So he can know what to expect and what to watch out for. That way, as he begins the life navigation process, he will have a compass with him. Me, his earthly father and God, his heavenly Father. True and trusted.

My goal is to arm my son with what he needs for the tumultous times ahead of him. I'll let you know how our weekend was when we get back...in the meantime, pray for us!

1 comment:

Mike J. said...

My prayers go with you.