Thursday, January 30, 2014

It’s over…don’t try to contact me again…


I just can’t take it anymore. The way you tell me over and over the things I want to hear. You try to sweet talk me with all your talk about God and family…but I know the truth. You don’t care about God! You use Him! Just like you use me. You only seem to care about me when you’re interested in the one thing you always seem to be interested in. I am not something just to be lied to so you can get what you want out of me. I cannot take the abuse anymore. I have reached my breaking point. So I am letting you know once and for all that it’s over between me and you. I’m leaving you forever Republican Party! 

I can’t believe the freedom I feel in saying that, honestly! I have convinced myself for so long that you really do care about God and truth and life and marriage. But it was all a lie. You don’t care about any of that! We have had no significant change in things except you have aided in the death of more babies and now marriage is crumbling all across America. 

All the Republican Party has ever wanted from me is my vote. They want me to just shut up about God and life and marriage and just cast my vote for team “R” but I can’t do it anymore. In fact, the last time I voted for team “R” I felt like I needed to take a shower afterwards because I felt dirty for doing it. I just can’t do it anymore.

I am finally taking control. I am no longer listening to the lies. I am empowering myself to walk away from the Republican Party. I am only going to be concerned with doing what is right before God…and the only time I will ever vote for another Republican will be when that person can unequivocally prove that they are going to be a servant of the Most High first and a true statesmen second.

By the way, I tried. I tried for a long time to make things work. But your disdain for all that I care about made our relationship impossible to maintain. How can two people stay together who are headed in different directions? The Republican Party I first fell in love with used to care about all the things I continue to care about (life and marriage and religious liberty) but now all that the Republican Party cares about is making sure that they are not much different from the Democrat Party. And they have done a wonderful job at that!

Now it really is hard to tell the difference between a Republican and a Democrat anymore. Most of the “electable” Republicans love the murder of babies and destroying marriage as much as the most ardent Democrats.

You’ve been telling me for a long time now that I have to change if we want our relationship to progress. But I’ve told you for so long that these are things in me that will never change. You want an “open” relationship…where we are inviting anyone and everyone in. I don’t. I want your exclusive allegiance. I want to know that you care about the things that really matter.

But I don’t know who you are anymore. You have become everything that I hate. And I will not tolerate it anymore. So it is over. So go find someone else to climb into bed with Republican Party…it’s what you seem to be very good at these days. With your lack of standards you’ll find someone else, I’m sure.

5 comments:

babe mae said...

In the mean time, who will you vote for?

Unknown said...

My feelings exactly. I don't see any person or any party that represents me..

Mike Demastus said...

@babe mae... I will vote for any person that proves to me to my satisfaction that they are a Christian statesmen. One individual I admire right now a lot is Senator Ted Cruz.

Unknown said...

Great. Now I have to sit in on the platform committee without you!

ThomasDAvila said...

Huzzah!