Friday, April 16, 2010

It's been a while, old friend...

I have been away from my blog for a long time now. So many things have happened in my life since my last post back in November that it would be very futile to try to write it all here. So I'll just jump back in and start with today.

I met with another minister today over lunch. He is a Lutheran minister. He preaches at Zion Lutheran Church in Des Moines. We met and talked about One Prayer 2010.

I realized as we chatted and ate (a great meal, by the way, at Pho All Seasons) that it is critical for those of us in ministry to have friends in ministry.

Nobody knows a preacher like another preacher! (That's what another preacher-friend of mine used to say.) It is so important to be able to share openly and honestly with someone that truly understands.

The Bible says in Proverbs, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." Preachers need preacher friends. Plain and simple. I'm happy I made a new preacher friend today who inspired me to get back on my blog. Here's his blog, by the way: http://pastorjohnsthoughts.blogspot.com

No comments: