Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Acts unscripted

I am currently preaching through the book of Acts. I remember when I was in Junior High one particular night while I was staying over at my grandmother's house, me and my Uncle Scott (who now preaches at Crown Hill Church in Seattle, WA) stayed up into the wee hours of the morning reading through the book of Acts.

Honestly, it is something I will never forget. He would read a chapter, I would read a chapter. He would explain stuff as we went along. And I remember being so moved by what I was reading. I got emotional and so full of passion as I read about the courage of those disciples in the first century.

I wish I could replicate that experience. I don't think I have ever read Scripture like that since that time. In those moments I felt so close to God and my faith was so deeply encouraged that it is really hard to describe.

Nothing snazzy, no frills. All we did was read and talk about Acts. It was a profound moment for me in my faith journey.

No comments: