Friday, August 1, 2008

My Bible Journey (Proverbs 8)

I recently read Proverbs 8. Another chapter with a heavy focus on wisdom. Part of me wants to say, "Okay already! I get it...I need to be wise and seek out wisdom!" But do I get it? Am I wise? Do I make wise choices regularly?

I could have my wife put her thoughts here on those questions and I think I know what she would say (thus the reason she isn't posting). I could have my kids put their thoughts on here in response to those questions...and I could threaten them with grounding to get a good response from them.

But the fact of the matter is, I live most of my life lacking wisdom. To be completely honest...I am unwise. I make poor choices frequently and regularly.

So, I may react with an air of confidence to another chapter on wisdom...but reality is much more bleak for me. I need to be honest with myself. I need to crave wisdom with all my heart. I need to surround myself with wise people and friends.

I need to search out wisdom in God's Word often and daily. I need more wisdom in my life.

On a side note, the latter part of Proverbs 8:36 says that all who love death hate God. I was listening to a translated video excerpt of Osama Bin Laden where he was ranting against America. He said that we in America "love life therefore we will never understand the true muslim, for the true muslim loves death." Funny how relevant God's Word is!

No comments: