Monday, July 2, 2007

I don't get it...Yo no lo consigo.

We are a couple of days out from July 4th and I was struck with a thought today. I was in a store parking lot and I saw a Mexican family get out of a vehicle that had a Mexican flag emblazoned on the back of the car. That just got me to thinking.

Why do they proudly display their flag in this country? I am not trying to be an antagonist or a racist with the question, it is truly something that stumps me.

They flee that country by the millions to get into this country. And then they actually have the gall to display their pride in that nation. That doesn't make sense to me.

If there was true Mexican pride, then Mexicans would stay in their country and make it a better place.

For me, it is like the alcoholic who beats his wife and then pleads with her later that he is sorry and that he really does love her. Here's a new thought...if you love your wife - don't beat her. AND, if you love your country, don't run from it.

The fact is, Mexico is a mess. I heard former congressman Bob McEwen speak about his son-in-law getting a new job at the border of Mexico and Texas right after he had graduated from college. On his first week, he had to cross the border for work into Mexico for business. On his way back into America, Mexican police stopped him and demanded $600.00 in cash. He was a newly graduated college kid on his first job. He didn't have any money.

They took his car for a little drive and then when they brought it back everything of value in the car had been stolen...his laptop, palm pilot, even the change in his change tray! Mexico is a corrupt, broken nation.

Mexican people are not bad...but the nation is a disgrace. I do not understand any display of the Mexican flag in this nation.

Now, an American flag flying down in Mexico. That I understand. That is something that can be done with pride. No matter where you are on this planet. But especially in Mexico. We are Mexico's only saving grace.

I think July 4th should become a national holiday for Mexico as well. They owe this country much, they most certainly have stolen from it much.

Don't misinterpret what I am saying. This isn't intended to be a segment to bash Mexicans. Mexican people aren't any different than American people. They are created children of God in need of a Savior. It is just Mexico that I have issues with.

I just can't understand flying a Mexican flag in this great nation.

3 comments:

Mike Demastus said...

Well...Jesus Christ said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me." (John 14:6) If that is true, then it would only be logically correct that all hindus, muslims and sikhs would be doomed forever if they did not trust in and follow Jesus.

deathsweep said...

First off, I believe I am a Christian, however I find your reply impossible to believe. Are you saying that the hindu, muslim or sikh that has never been exposed to the teachings of Christ is doomed simply because they are ignorant to the fact that Jesus existed? I know how the Bible reads and if taken 100% literal then I would have to agree with you but I have a hard time with this reply. So, does this mean "if someone follows similar ( Christian-like )ways without knowing who Jesus was that person is doomed?" or..."does one have to profess the knowledge and love of Jesus to be saved?" or..."can just leading a Christ-like life, even without his knowledge keep you from eternal damnation?" I've never been able to believe that Jesus would do this to an innocent or ignorant.

DS

Vipul said...

Mr demastus you dont honestly believe in what you just said right? also, seriously man the whole mexican post was so bigoted. and now this reply. sigh. I agree with ds.

i would like to express strong indignation towards your words and hope you will see the right path in due time.